Newbie on the field

Go down

Newbie on the field

Post by MarlineSugiSake on Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Hey! I'm not sure what I am doing, but here goes nothing!)

Marline stared at the target across the grassy field, glaring at the sphere of red and white. It taunted her, infuriated her, and was all around not very nice.

Two of the arrows she shot weren't even in the first 5 rings but on the farthest one. The only one that was close was the one near the center...but that was a fluke due to a sneeze.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" she cried out, grabbing her head. "I used to be so good at this! I've gotten so lazy over the  years! How could I let this happen?!" she yelled, flailing her arms about. She sighed, dropping her head into her hands. "I'll have to double my efforts if I'm ever going to hit the center ever again." she grumbled. With that said, she dropped on the floor and started to do some push ups, building arm muscle.

"Just think it like boot camp!" she grunted, going past 5 and already feeling the burn.
MarlineSugiSake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie on the field

Post by Stella on Sat May 17, 2014 10:47 am

Shiroyuki watched the girl shoot from afar, trying to work out the best training regime for her. She let out a loud laugh when the girl started doing push ups, hoping out from her hiding place and making her presence known.

"You will not get better with push ups alone, but that is a good start."
Stella
The Girl that keeps saying things that offend people and there's nothin' yall can do about it

View user profile http://ikeharaarchery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dantae on Sun May 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Speaking of lazy...

Dantae wandered out onto the feilds, a giant milk shake in one hand and the latest issue of Shingeki no Kawaii in the other (possibly stolen from his best friend, Touma).

While it was Sunday morning and normally he'd be at the range by now, the blonde idiot found that today's warm sun and sultry breeze practically begged him to play hooky. Who was he to deny such gorgeous weather?

Unfortunately, he was so focused on reading manga, Dantae didn't notice where his feet decided to take him. Before he knew it, the Italian found himself half way into the archery range. Worse, Marline and the president were already here!!

But perhaps they hadn't seen him yet...With all the sneakiness he could manage, the second year turned around and started to head out...
Dantae
The Flirt that Gets Nowhere 'cos the Archery Girls keep interfering...Sorry, not sorry
The Flirt that Gets Nowhere 'cos the Archery Girls keep interfering...Sorry, not sorry

Location : In Shiro's bed (Because he totally passed out after training and hers was the closest)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Shiro grinned as she felt a presence enter the range. She'd smelt him from a mile away, that lover boy.

"Dantae~" she cooed loudly. "Where do you think you're going?"
Stella
The Girl that keeps saying things that offend people and there's nothin' yall can do about it

Back to top Go down

Post by MarlineSugiSake on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 am

SHOOT! I never replied to this!! Sorry guys! I was still figuring this out! >W>;; and now I feel bad for leaving this hanging for so long ;w; )

Marline gave a start, slipping on the hard wood at the new voices, and knocked herself against the ground in the most embarrassing way possible. She laid there sprawled on the floor for a minute before slowly pushing herself up with a groan, rubbing at her nose painfully.
"Ow..." she moaned, looking up at the two newcomers.

After a red hot flush spread across her cheeks, she moved to a sitting position to play off nothing happened.

"U-Um...h-hello Akika-sensei." she said. This was one of the first times she was meeting the girl, and though she had an idea how she was like, she wasn't unconvinced the girl demanded respect from those around her. And as her superior, she didn't want to seem like a sloth on the job.

When she saw the girl was looking beyond her, she looked past her to where she saw Dantea had their back turned to them. Even without looking at his face, that hair was enough give away.

MarlineSugiSake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:41 am

"Are?" (Because sometimes english just doesn't feel right) "Akika? Were you referring to me?" she grinned, "Akita. My name is Akita, but please call me Shiro, most do."

She turned and grabbed a bow, along with a set of arrows, holding her hand out for Marline to take.

"Up you get, I need to see your skills to know what I have to work with and make a routine."
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MarlineSugiSake on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 am

The mistake showned to her made the girl's face go bright red and ducked her head even further into the ground until she was sure to press her nose into the hardwood floor. "mmsorry." she mumbled.

It the struck her how ridiculous she was acting and straightened up, clearing her throat, seeing the hand outstretched to her. "Oh, um...thank you." she said, grabbing the hand and moved to stand and take the bow and arrow. With a nod, the girl with bubblegum pink hair walked over into stance by the spots they would shoot arrows.

With a roll to her shoulders, she fixed her arms into the correct positions. She winced. Again, Marline was reminded how out of shape she was as her arms strained against the bow and fought to keep a tight position, staring at the target. However the struggle to hold her arm steady made her slip, sending the arrow flying before she meant it to, stabbing the wall beside the target.

Groaning to the skies, Marline rubbed at her face. "That was...terrible..."
MarlineSugiSake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Shiro watched every movement of the girl, taking in everything she could. She'd expected a little worse out of the shot actually, but Marline had been lucky with when her grip has loosened.

Shiro handed an arrow to the girl. "Another one," there were small things she COULD immediately fix, but her worst concern were the girl's muscles, and she knew Marline knew that too. "Do not pull quite so tight and adjust your aim to make it work."

I won't have her shooting arrows off my head for a while yet she thought
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dantae on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:16 pm

(ajkdlsajk Sorry, I forgot this thread was a thing! My bad!!)

Dantae froze and turned slowly. Merde. Yup. She'd seen him. There would be no going back now. Not if he wanted to keep all his important parts still attached...

The idiot slouched towards the girls, mumbling to himself and clutching Kawaii no Shingeki. He should have just followed Touma to whatever the fool had been planning today. Why, WHY did he ALWAYS end up here!?!

"Ciao~ Amicas, looking...good," He started out enthusiastic enough, but his voice lost it's vibrancy quickly. Ugg. Dantae just didn't FEEL like it all today. All he wanted to do was laze around and read.

Yeah. Likely.
Dantae

Location : In Shiro's bed (Because he totally passed out after training and hers was the closest)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarlineSugiSake on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Marline blinked, forgetting the blonde was still with them in all her concentration. As she took the arrow from Shiro, Marline gave Dantea a withering expression. "Uh huh..." the girl said, eying the boy. Always with the compliments. The more she heard them, the more she feels this guy is always hiding something. "What brings you here?"

Seeing that Shiro was waiting on her still, she quickly moved her arms into position, again strainging her muscles on the tight rope and large bow, and held it there. The magenta haired girl fixed her target in sight, much like she did as a child, but she doubted it would hit the center.

"How's this?"
MarlineSugiSake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:29 am

(Becacuse I know nothign about archery, just pretend any advice I give is correct, 'kay? I'll try skim over details and give a general picture instead)

"Raise your elbow more," Shiro gave her full attention to the girl in front of her, scrutinizing her stance. "And move your back foot half a step backwards"
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dantae on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:31 am

(Okies! I don't really know much myself TT^TT)

"I should think that is obvious, Amica," Dantae winked at Marline, "I'm here to observe beautiful girls in their natural habitat."

Actually, he was here to practice his abysmal archery skills. He'd been improving, certainly, but a lot of it had been muscle toning and over all body training. Actual aim or power estimation were still completely beyond him.

Dantae watched Marline and Shiro curiously, holding back for a few moments to satisfy his curiosity. He wondered how the Pres would handle their newest cute little kohai...
Dantae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarlineSugiSake on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:47 am

I really base my knowledge off this episode XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zUcgRnjrc and the series itself! 8D Got the idea to add Marline in the club after watching it around the same time~)

At Dantea's words, the girl felt her hands grow clammy. She was never good with boys. Or their flirty words. Especially from this blonde that seemed to catch her off guard MANY times. Flexing her fingers over the wood and string, she frowned, forcing herself to focus. "Y-Yeah right!"

She fixed her elbow as told, feeling her arms begin to shake now as she was forced into a new, harder position. "N-Now?" she said, biting her lip as she saw the tip of the arrow go all over the place on her target.

No way she'll make it now...
MarlineSugiSake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:30 am

"Take a deep breath, and half way through the exhale, release." She'd seen the girl get nervous when Dantae spoke, and while the changes she'd made to the stance would increase her balance, stability and in turn; accuracy, it was now riddled with tell-tale signs of nerves, despite how she tried to concentrate. At this rate the shot would be worse than last time, but Shiro hoped that making the girl concentrate on her breathing would be enough to shake some of those nerves.

"It's okay if you miss the target, using a new stance can take time to get used to."

She would scold Dantae, but that would bring attention to the fact he was still here, and still watching. She'd been in Marline's shoes, knew these types of tricks.
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MarlineSugiSake on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 pm

The pink haired girl gulped a lump in her throat, fighting the urge to fidget. Years of being active, always doing something with her hands and just now she has to learn to stay STILL.

"Y-Yes..." she said, gripping the bow and arrow and concentrating on the target. Breathing like she was told, she fought to keep her balance in check and her stance. It was so much easier done when she was a child. Its a wonder that Marline was wondering how she did it at all.

Once she was sure the air was still enough for her to shoot, she released the arrow! Off it went, slicing through the air until it hit the target!

(up to you guys to say if its close to the center or not XD Dumb luck if it did)
MarlineSugiSake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Shiro smiled, content temporarily with the girl's shot. It was a mid shot, not great or contest winning material, but her stance had greatly improved and the future shots would be of much better quality than if she continued with her earlier one.

"Well done," she said, pulling out another arrow and assessing it before handing it to marline and nodding for her to try again. "Dantae, bring yourself over here." He had a tendency to skip out on as much training as he could, but Shiro wouldn't let that slide today.
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down